Being the owner of Fairy Godmother with almost 10 years of experience working for the largest best cosmetic company in the world Estee Lauder, I jumped for the chance to help Smith and McCain launch their first fragrance. Working with them has brought back so many wonderful memories. I have never in my life worked so hard but had so much fun. Estee Lauder taught me so much, here are just a few things I remember.
1) Know your numbers inside and out.
2) Treat people with kindness “the power of the human touch”
3) Listen well
4) Enjoy people, get to know them, learn about them
Estée Lauder founded the Estée Lauder company in 1946 armed with four products and an unshakeable belief: that every woman can be beautiful. Today, more than 60 years later, that simple notion has literally changed the face of the beauty business.
Estee Lauder’s 15 Rules for Entrepreneurial Success
1. Find the proper location.
2. When you’re angry, never put it in writing.
3. You get more bees with honey.
4. Keep your own image straight in your mind.
5. Keep an eye on the competition.
6. Divide and rule.
7. Learn to say no.
8. Trust your instincts.
9. Act tough.
10. Acknowledge your mistakes
11. Write things down.
12. Hire the best people.
13. Break down barriers.
14. Give credit where credit is due.
15. Train the best sales force.
And tmorrow we welcome Smith & McCain Fragrances into the wonderful world of women and perfume with their first perfume launch of The Invitation.