As an event planner, we love all of our weddings, but some weddings are particularly memorable.
Our mama fairy, Colleen wrote about her experience with one of her favorite couples, Susie and Alex.
“When I first met Alex and Susie I loved them right away. Our goal was to combine a traditional Mexican Catholic wedding and a Greek reception. I had a blast planning their wedding. Alex came to every appointment. He would always look to Susie to make the final choice. He was so sweet to her, such a gentleman. It was a joy to watch them decide on things together. They trusted me to build their dream team. We had so much fun planning out every detail and working on the overall design of their wedding.
Some of the highlights for me.
· Susie’s first look with her father, he was so sweet, so soft-spoken and kind. Little did we know she would lose him a few years later. Susie and her father were very close.
· Susie’s mom praying over her, such a special moment.
· Photos with Alex, his Father and 3 brothers. They were so much fun.
· The beautiful Catholic mass with Father Craig.
· The mariachi band played during the mass and escorted them out of the church
· The reception, oh goodness what a party! The Greek band was amazing! Everyone was dancing, and in the Greek tradition, money is fanned at the couple it is called the Greek wedding dollar dance.
· The fireworks were beautiful and a total surprise to the guests
It was just one of those weddings that I will never forget. Alex and Susie will forever have a special place in my heart. And now they have two beautiful little girls. I thank them for allowing me to be their Fairy Godmother!”
Doesn’t this wedding sound awesome?! Check out our social media pages to see even more amazing photos! As always, don’t forget to contact Fairy Godmother today to plan your beautiful wedding day!