Please do not give your Mom a designer gift mask. You might think it would be funny, but trust me there are so many other amazing things you can give her.
1. Take your Mom on a virtual vacation! Have fun with this idea. Maybe your mom always wanted to travel to Italy. Have her favorite Italian meal delivered. Leave a box at her door with a red and white checked table cloth, candles Italian music, and a bottle of wine. Put together a slide show and take her through all of the places you would visit. Make it an experience she will never forget.
2. Watch a good old fashion movie with her virtually. There are so many wonderful Mother-Daughter movies. Leave at her door a Movie-in-a-box, with popcorn, her favorite candy, and a homemade movie ticket with the time and movie you will be watching.
3. Shop Local! Now more than ever our local businesses need our help.
4. Take the time to write a letter to your Mom. This is the kind of gift that is worth its weight in gold. Write about favorite memories and what you appreciate the most about her.
5. Flowers are wonderful but plants will last! There are so many beautiful plants for sale. Take the time to include a little card that tells her all about the plant and how to care for it.
6. Serve Breakfast in bed and if you can’t be there, order coffee and breakfast from her favorite local spot and have it delivered right when she wakes up.
7. When you drop off her Mother’s Day card and gift, take some extra time to dress up her door with a spring wreath.
That way, she’ll be surprised with a burst of cheer when she opens her door — and she can leave it up for the neighborhood to see all season long.
8. Take an online cooking class with her.
With a virtual cooking class, you can get the whole family to pitch in for her Mother’s Day brunch or dinner.
9. Have family members send you a short video of them sharing a Mother’s Day greeting and edit them together.
It’s the effort here that really counts.
10. Chances are that she’s in desperate need of quality R&R.
Grab a few nail polish options (or press-ons, if it’s easier).
Mothers Day is not about money, or the gifts it is about the gesture and thoughtfulness!
Happy Mothers Day! Take the time to do something nice for your Mom. It is one day out of the year and trust me she will appreciate it.