Congratulations, you’re getting married! If you’re like most, you’ve dreamed about your wedding day ever since you were a child. Now the time has come, but the difficulty is knowing where to begin…
First, announce your engagement; shout it from the roof top!
- Whatever you choose to do, be sure to enjoy this wonderful and magical time in your life.
- Set your budget for the big day.
- Think about what type of wedding you want, theme, small intimate wedding or grand and lavish celebration?
- Will it be an indoor or outdoor?
- What time of year will it be fall or spring?
- Traditional, elegant, contemporary or romantic?
- Will you get married during the day or in the evening?
- Do you want a formal sit down dinner or cocktail reception?
- Do you want to get married close to home or at a romantic destination?
Once you have answered a few of these questions then it is time to move to your first major decisions.
Booking your wedding planner/coordinator. They will help you in so many ways. Keep you on budget, recommend all of the venues that fit in your look and your budget, help you with recommendations of all of your vendors, save you both time and money.
Booking your venue for your ceremony and your reception. Your reception site will determine the overall mood and atmosphere of your wedding. Select a site that will fit your individual style, taste and budget. Many venues book more than a year in advance so book early.
Booking your photographer is your next major decision. Your favorite photographer will book quickly sometimes more than a year in advance. Interview them be sure you feel a real connection and take time to review their work.
From there you can begin to book all of your other vendors, florist, bakery etc.
And one of the most fun events, finding your wedding dress. Invite your bff’s, mom and don’t leave out your soon to be mom-in-law.
Most all enjoy this time, you will have so many special memories during this time!
Congratulation from Fairy Godmother!