Colleen Bauer is the creator, owner, and primary event planner for an enchanted business known as Fairy Godmother.
After acting as Chairperson for the Bakersfield Women’s Business Conference, Colleen was encouraged by her fellow board members and several event partners to pursue more work in the area of event planning and execution. It was with this experience and inspiration that Colleen launched Fairy Godmother, initially offering “day-of” wedding management service.
Colleen realized there was a real need for a service that takes an event from mayhem to magical! The name Fairy Godmother represents a magical moment, a special moment in time for you and your guests, an elevation in excellence and romance, and of course every event should have some magical Pixie dust!
Today, Fairy Godmother offers event planning services for all types of special events. In addition to weddings, Fairy Godmother can help you plan your corporate event, private party, family reunion, graduation party, bat mitzvah, bar mitzvah, anniversary or birthday party, business function, holiday party, or make just about any special event into the magical event you want it to be!
Colleen and her fellow Fairies are experienced and professional event planners. They can handle everything or just the pieces that you need some help with. When you hire Fairy Godmother your only job will be to watch the magic unfold around you!
Every one deserves a Fairy Godmother! Tell us more about your special event and schedule a magical planning session.
MEET THE TEAM
Founder / Event Producer / Designer
* I love cupcakes, chocolate and caramel candy bars * I adore Disneyland and most especially Cinderella * My cup is always half-full or better yet flowing over * I am a terrible cook and a great baker * I adore my son and thank God for my hubby * I love to shop * I enjoy dressing up * I am a true girly girl * A hopeless romantic * I love making new friends * I believe in old friends and new shoes * I am a total perfectionist * I am the calm during every storm * I believe every girl deserves a fairy tale wedding with a Fairy Godmother by her side, of course!
Event Producer / Murder Mystery Specialist
* I am half Basque by heritage * I love to cook and I am excellent at it * I adore dogs especially Border Collies * I enjoy doing Sudoku Puzzles every day * Most people do not know I collect dolls * I danced in my younger years — tap and jazz * I love clothes, shoes and bling bling * I was in banking for 24 years until I started doing what I have always wanted to do “Event” Coordinating * I am a get it done type of girl * I like to dress up however love to be comfy
Event Producer / Designer
* I am a crafty person * I love thrift stores * My favorite TV show of all time is Friends * Favorite Disney movie Sleeping Beauty* I have a million hobbies * I like my cream and sugar with a little coffee* I love to bake and cook especially for others* I like pancakes for dinner * I love vegetables * I get overly excited about holiday seasons * My favorite color is yellow* I’m always on the hunt for a bargain * I love home decorating and event planning anything that makes me brain storm* I am a go-getter * I truly believe everything happens for a reason
Event Producer / Designer
* My favorite pastime is to read books * I love to dress up fancy and go out * My favorite color is green I am addicted to going to Target * I think the best kind of day is a Disney day * My favorite flower is a Calla Lilly * I am an avid thrift store shopper, always looking for something that I can repurpose * I love to travel and explore new places * I believe that fall is the best season, with spring making a close second * Bacon and ice cream make me happy, but not together * I enjoy working on craft and home renovation projects * My family is my everything
Event Producer / Designer
*I love a good story with a happy ending *I’ve been married for 24 years and counting *Mom of 4 *My favorite color is garnet red
*I am a fan of historic homes and live in a Craftsman built-in 1912 *I homeschool in heels *My favorite Disney movie is Mary Poppins
*I am an April Fool’s Day baby *I would love to have my own font
*My superpowers include parallel parking and seasoning food
*My signature hairstyle is the Pixie *See’s Scotch Kisses are my weakness
*I am a cat mom and a plant lover *My favorite color is pink *My favorite print is cheetah and polka dots *I love all the glitz and glam *I have a Creative heart with a logistical mind *I live by my planner *Lover of personal development books *The beach is my happy place *I live for bold statement jewelry *My favorite food is ice cream *I love all things bold and bright *I love to laugh
*I am an optimist *I could eat breakfast food at any time of the day *I am happily married *I love to sing classical music and listen to musicals *I could watch the movie Elf on repeat *Sweater weather is the best *I drink more Dr. Pepper than I probably should *I love spicy food *Llamas and sloths are my favorite *I want to own a pet pig more than anything *My favorite color is mustard yellow *Red Vines are the greatest thing ever invented
*I am a die-hard romantic *My favorite color is periwinkle *Major animal lover *I am marrying my best friend *I love cooking & baking *My favorite band is The Killers *Art is my therapy *I am an empath *Nature is my happy place *I am a pasta fanatic *I am obsessed with past eras art & music *I collect rocks & crystals *I love antiquing *I believe that everything happens for a reason *I love rainy days with a hot cup of tea & listening to Bon Iver *I want to live in a cottage in the forest *I love fairytales
Social Media Manager
* My favorite food is tacos and french fries * I will be graduating soon with my bachelor’s degree in Communications with emphasis in Public Relations and a double minor in English and Sociology * I am involved in the Miss America Organization * I love to travel especially to anywhere with a warm beach * Fresh flowers make me happy * God, family, and friends are my everything * I am a classically trained ballerina and pianist * I am a published author * I have always been a girly girl and hopeless romantic